1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

World's worst heater...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 07:47 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

I just had an issue of my wife complaining about the heat in my '92.
When I got it I replaced all of the hoses and T stat as a matter of maintenance. I replaced the heater hoses one at a time so I was sure that I would not mix them up, I hooked em up just like I took them off this way. As it turns out they were reversed. I switched them and while I had them off, I flushed the core with my garden hose and nozzle. I slid on an extra pc of heater hose as an extension for the garden hose nozzle, flushed it both directions. As soon as I reconnected the hoses the "other" way I had heat.

Old 12-02-2016, 07:10 AM
tbugden
All Star
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop

Oh, I am not questioning anything about your life. Just what you are posting on a public Dodge Forum. As far as my taste in vehicles, I like all of them. Love to see the modified and orig. ones. As a matter of fact, one of the coolest dakota's I have seen has a LS motor in it.

I ask you if you are for real or is this a joke, based off of what you are writing on a public forum. Nothing to do with your life, just your trucks!!

1. A 92 dakota 4x4 that came with a 4 cyl motor?
2. A 210 thermostat?
3. 3600 psi pressure used to clean the heater?

Then you post
1. A 90 dakota with a 5.9 cummins engine?
2. A dakota with a dana 60 rear end?

If I am wrong to question these things, just post up a picture under the hood of the 90 dakota with a 5.9 cummins, and prove me wrong. Then I will apologize for questioning you!!

As far as this heater goes in the 92 dakota. When working properly, they are a great heater, and not as you say, the worlds worst heater.
A truck heater is really a simple design. Hot water in. Good flow, clean heater core, and air across the coil. If you have these it will put out heat.
Course you probably already know that. As in one of your previous post you state you own a shop and are an ASE cert. Mechanic.

Again, if its true you put a 5.9 cummins in a 90 dakota, post a picture showing it, and I will write public apology on this post for doubting you.
Just in case you forgot, its the black truck you posted the picture of earlier and said its a lawn ornament. Pop the hood, snap a picture of that 5.9 cummins, and I will apologize.

Dang I wanna see this **** too!!! 5.9 Cummins in a Dak!!!!? If that's true, no surprise that the frame broke, lol.

​​​​​​

Quick Reply: World's worst heater...