1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

"chassis-works" on Ebay is not a good company to work with

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017 | 04:41 AM
ojcool
|
Default "chassis-works" on Ebay is not a good company to work with

For anyone looking to lower their vehicle I give you a warning about the company called "chassis-works" on ebay. Look elsewhere to obtain you parts. They seem to be under the impression that they are doing you a favor by selling you parts.

I mistakenly ordered a lowering kit for a 97 dakota when I have a 91 and I sent them a message letting them know not to ship the parts before they had even created a shipping label for it (It took them over 5 days to do anything as far a shipping) and they just shipped it out anyway and now want me to pay the return shipping PLUS a 20% restocking fee.

Old 01-27-2017 | 01:55 PM
onemore94dak
Champion

If you have proof of sending the message your credit card company or paypal (depending on how you paid) should help you with this. You may know this but some companies will be belligerent as a first move because a lot of people give up right away and it profits them to take advantage of those folks. If you elevate the problem you may get a better deal. Seems to me that Ebay would also help with this unless you checked out as a guest. Actually you should probably try ebay first.

Old 01-28-2017 | 05:53 PM
ojcool
|

It was through Ebay, unfortunately ebay has become very pro seller since they are the ones paying listing fees. When I realized I had ordered the wrong part I immediately opened a "return" request because in the past I have failed to do that and I ended up getting burned by a seller (china) because they just kept sandbagging via the messages until the 45 days had passed for me to request a refund. That only works on me once.

This guy is something special. So somehow he got ebay to deny my return request by (I guess) showing them that i had not even received the item yet and apparently that decision is "final" so I guess the plan is to "force me" to pay for parts I cannot use.

I tried to come up with a compromise, I offerd to keep the parts I could use (the rear lowering blocks) and pay the return shipping on the front springs but he was just an obnoxious ******* saying "no, you will pay for all of it". I don't know, they guy is got some mental problems or something because I don't know why on earth he would act like that.

Anyway, hopefully I got one up on him because I left a note for UPS saying not to leave the package and "return directly to sender" and now the tracking shows on it's way back to him so I guess he will be pretty surprised to find it back at his shop. I then proceeded to decline the charge on my credit card. He seems awfully confident that PayPal is going to somehow force my credit card company to pay this (I guess because ebay owns Paypal) I don't see how that's possible since I can prove the package was returned directly via UPS.

I run a business myself and my experience with credit card companies is that they will ALWAYS side with the card holder so I guess we will see what happens. People screw me out of money all the time but I find it's just not worth the negative reviews (I own a boxing gym).

Anyway, makes me want to stop using ebay altogether, my last three purchases for this truck have now been through Amazon.com.

I wanted to make sure he "got his monies worth" out of being such an asshat.