1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Interchangeable control arms

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:28 AM
Newbie2wd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interchangeable control arms

Is there any control arms that match with the 4wd Dakota control arms, just asking around to see what I can do to make my own lift

Old 04-29-2017, 11:56 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Newbie2wd
Is there any control arms that match with the 4wd Dakota control arms, just asking around to see what I can do to make my own lift
Do you have a 2WD, or a 4WD, Dakota? And which year?

RwP

Old 04-30-2017, 05:36 PM
92DakotaClub
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Newbie2wd
honestly .. no I looked down that route..

with a torsion key mod and cranking up(stiffer ride) and my 2 inch lift I had on mine I got 5.5 total and still aligned properly with 33X14.5's any higher tho was much the limit of the front axle angles without modding either the front cv axles and or dropping the front differential which to me kinda eliminates the need to go anymore.. 2 inch more.. front diff 2 inches lower.. so didn't gain nothing..

I did go as far as looking at making tubular control arms using factory size balljoints.. like the 4 inch lift had back in the day for the Dakota 4x4 but I got 3.5 suspension from modding so wasn't worth the effort for me..