1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

94 Dakota 4x4 ...best site to buy suspension parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 08:29 PM
94duhkota4x4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Dakota 4x4 ...best site to buy suspension parts

Hey guys I need info on a good site to buy suspension parts ... control arm ... all front end bushings and camber bolts ... any help is appreciated, my truck has a body lift with 31's ...Alcoa rims and mud star tires ... I bought the truck a few months ago from s guy that 4x4 the $&@&$ out of it ... my passenger side tire has a serious negative camber to it ...so I think I should buy all new bushings and then take it for an alignment.. the bushings are all worn and the truck squeaks when going over small bumps .... any advise is great and thanks in advance for the help

Old 02-26-2018, 08:41 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Rock auto is generally the go to vendor around here.

Last edited by jkeaton; 02-27-2018 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:20 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hard to find stuff for these trucks.

In my experience:

You can find upper control arm bushings and sway bar bushings at RockAuto or other sites easily.
For the lower control arm bushings, you can buy and modify 2nd gen ('97-04) Dakota Energy Suspension bushing kits to fit the first generation. One of the bushings is too long for the 1st gen control arms (there is a thread here on that).
Good luck finding camber bolts. IF you can get them, you'll have to get OEM ones at a dealer or OEM parts seller, but it is highly unlikely that anyone will have them. I had to get new bolts at the hardware store.

Yeah RockAuto is a good place to go. If they don't have what you need then there is not a great chance that anyone will. Except those Energy Suspension parts, those aren't on RockAuto as I recall.

Old 02-27-2018, 11:21 AM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 132 Likes on 124 Posts

If you have the correct part number this site specializes in New, Old Stock (NOS) parts. https://www.vpartsinc.com/
If you have luck please post back here with the part numbers

Old 02-27-2018, 01:32 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
If you have the correct part number this site specializes in New, Old Stock (NOS) parts. https://www.vpartsinc.com/
If you have luck please post back here with the part numbers
Yes please do post back OP. If I can get 4 of those UCA bolts I will be a very happy man. I'd happily pay $100 for four new ones. If anyone has very good condition (only surface rust/minor pitting) bolts I'd pay $50 for 'em. Slight hijack of the thread, sorry.

Quick Reply: 94 Dakota 4x4 ...best site to buy suspension parts