1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Finally found a new parts truck! '95 318 motor into a '93 V6

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:04 PM
tbugden
All Star
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RalphP

Compare those against the conversion costs *grins*

RwP
You yankin my chain? Conversion costs? I have the whole parts truck with a proven working fuel pump and I probably whatever fuel line I might need sitting in my basement. Should cost me zero dollars. Well, technically it's part of the $450 I paid for the whole truck.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:09 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by tbugden
So what should I do for headers? For now I'm gonna run the '94 smaller outlet headers with my big '93 y pipe j .

IMO this is a big drawback to hotrodding these trucks. To the best of my knowledge, no one makes makes shorty headers with the bigger end..... All for 94 and up and that is the smaller end. I was looking at ebay stainless headers and was wondering if you could cut the flange off and then slip a 2.5 in pipe on..... This would require a custom made headpipe or even better, true duals made with 2.5 in pipe and mufflers.
What would have really been nice is long tube headers, but with 4wd, that is just a pipe dream.

BTW dont forget that you will need a 5.2 flywheel if you are keeping the factory fuel injection.

Quick Reply: Finally found a new parts truck! '95 318 motor into a '93 V6