1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

92 Dodge Dakota error codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:25 PM
Debra Gerik
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Dodge Dakota error codes

My truck

Fuse diagram
Hello I just bought a 92 Dakota and was lies to but I ran the diagnostic and got these error codes.
52 Fuel system rich
34 speed control solenoid circuit
41 generator field not switching properly
33 a/c clutch relay circuit
I also ordered a Haynes repair manual but I'm not a mechanic. I have managed to fix a few things from videos on you tube which was cool but I can't really afford to take it to the shop. Anyone got easy to follow low tech advice on where to start? My is won't switch on except rarely and my abs and brake warning lights are on. I'm pretty sure it's related to the square fuse on the under dash fuse box as it's missing. But can't figure out which fuse to order to fit it. The worst problem is the 13 mpg I'm getting from fuel mix and of of problem. Appreciate any advice.

Last edited by Debra Gerik; 06-03-2018 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Wrong words inserted from word prediction
Old 06-03-2018, 09:31 PM
Debra Gerik
Red face Couldn't fix original posts word prediction errors. 😏

Originally Posted by Debra Gerik

My truck

Fuse diagram
Hello I just bought a 92 Dakota and was lied to but I ran the diagnostic and got these error codes.
52 Fuel system rich
34 speed control solenoid circuit
41 generator field not switching properly
33 a/c clutch relay circuit
I also ordered a Haynes repair manual but I'm not a mechanic. I have managed to fix a few things from videos on you tube which was cool but I can't really afford to take it to the shop. Anyone got easy to follow low tech advice on where to start? My od won't switch on except rarely and my abs and brake warning lights are on. I'm pretty sure it's related to the square fuse on the under dash fuse box as it's missing. But can't figure out which fuse to order to fit it. The worst problem is the 13 mpg I'm getting from fuel mix and od problem. Appreciate any advice.
I couldn't correct the word prediction mistakes on original post so had to hit reply and do it there. Sorry.

Last edited by Debra Gerik; 06-11-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:04 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

See if you can find a factory service manual for your truck, it has a LOT more pertinent information, and it also has accurate wiring diagrams........ something the haynes/chiltons manuals really skimp on.

When is the last time the truck had a tuneup?

Old 06-04-2018, 09:42 AM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

Look on Rock Auto, when you get to the page for your truck bookmark it. You should also post what motor you have here. Even if you do not buy a part it makes a great reference for parts numbers and other data. You want the Bishko Repair Manual under the Literature section. You can get the CD for $22.79. This is the Chrysler factory service manual. Read over the FAQ page it contains discussion of the common problems people run into and the solutions they have found.

Old 06-11-2018, 04:05 PM
Debra Gerik

No idea. I was told things when i BOUGHT IT that turned out to be all lies. but it is a 3.6L V6.

Old 06-11-2018, 06:16 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Debra Gerik
No idea. I was told things when i BOUGHT IT that turned out to be all lies. but it is a 3.6L V6.
Not quite; it's a 3.9L if it's the V6. Magnum 3.9.

RwP

Quick Reply: 92 Dodge Dakota error codes