1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Did I find the right spot? Won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 10:27 AM
Bpick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RalphP
There's a splice that looks kind of like a fuse holder there on a lot of our trucks. There might be another matching end sitting under where you're looking.

The wiring diagram will be in the factory service manual, printed by Bishko Publishing for Chrysler.

They can be had on Ebay used; several places new. The disc version (a PDF) is usually right under $23 at RockAuto.COM .

RwP
I have peeled the tape all the way back to where the wiring goes up to the lights and there's not an end anywhere. This is really just baffling, makes me swear and think about dynamite.there is another factory splice under there but it's fine. The wires are black and grey, are they part of the grounding maybe?

Last edited by Bpick; 09-23-2018 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Additional thought
Old 09-23-2018, 11:52 AM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

There's an end. There's ALWAYS an end.

As to "Are they part of the grounding" ... what does the factory service manual say about a black and white in that area?

And can you POSSIBLY include a picture, because the one I'm talking about was on the big fat red wire ...

RwP

Old 09-23-2018, 07:57 PM
Bpick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just not seeing that end anywhere

Found another splice though

Old 09-23-2018, 08:45 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 372 Likes on 343 Posts

I don't see anything that looks like an inline fuse holder there. I DO see the three wires (two grey, one black) at the right of the third and fourth pictures.

Again, I'd trace them to the other end. Or grab the FSM for the truck and start chasing through it to see what wires they are.

RwP

Quick Reply: Did I find the right spot? Won't start.