1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Burn off ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 12:44 AM
DAHEMIKOTA
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onemore94dak
I probably have this figured out but its remarkable since I have had the truck for several years and this is the first time. About two days ago taking off on a flat, dry road, the tires squealed, The rear tire was spinning. Yesterday on a hill wet road same thing.
I haven't done anything to the motor and the tires have right around the amount of miles for the first rotation to be due. I'm thinking something is on the tires to make it happen but its been raining for a couple of days so I can't tell. Anyone else have this happen out of nowhere? Tires are Bridgestone all terrain
Do you use your parking brake at all ? Maybe one of the cables froze up and is holding one of the rear brakes on.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:40 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

All 4 wheels spin with no resistance.
I'm gonna go with the street surface being the issue. It makes more sense that it spun on the hill when it was wet. IDK why it did on the flat I may have been aggressive on the gas and not noticed it. dahemikota I'll keep my eye on that idea its definitely possible as I did not change the ebrake cable or springs when I did the brakes.

Quick Reply: Burn off ??