1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Radio Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 11:59 PM
RalphP
Champion
Received 368 Likes on 340 Posts

You mean on the truck side?

One is from the parking lights (to say the lights are on, dim the panel); the other is the dimmer input (to say how MUCH to dim the panel ... )

Neither would be needed.

If you've got audio out, something should be happening with the speakers; at least two have full range on the out from the radio.

Do you have a plain speaker you could temporary wire in place of each of the outputs?

Do you have the link to the Amazon unit you ordered?

RwP

Old 06-11-2019, 12:04 AM
Mike Killian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called lylsa yea i got hummimg from the speakers the passenger side has a slight crackle popping noise im thinking maybe radio choke relay?

Old 06-11-2019, 11:43 AM
RalphP
Champion

DO YOU HAVE THE LINK TO THE RADIO?

I'm trying to find ITS wiring, in case it's got something like a parking brake or backup light input (which will cause weird funk if not tied the proper way)!

The radio choke relay is there to filter noise out of the radio feed; it won't cause the speakers to hum.

RwP

Old 06-11-2019, 11:53 AM
RalphP
Champion

Some digging (which you have made more difficult due to NOT replying to the question asked, but to a different question) - I don't turn up a $30 Lslya radio, don't turn up ANY lylsa radios ... but do turn up
Amazon Amazon

IF this is the unit .. take that pink Parking Brake wire, connect it to ground, not 12V.

Cap off the two illumination wires from the truck to avoid blowing fuses accidently. Separately!

That 12V Blue wire (switched 12V) should go to the radio/choke relay; THAT seems to be doing something for you. But if you've got the Parking Brake wire (PINK) wired to 12V, that's where your major problem probably is.

Edit: I may have the logic backwards; if it's currently connected to ground, bring the pink to a switched 12V line instead. I do remember that line caused fits with my current head unit playing anything.

BTW - I'm having to deduce all this; you have given somewhere between zero and negative details on this, so it's a lot harder to help you than it could have been.

(Former teacher. SHOW YOUR WORK!)

RwP

Last edited by RalphP; 06-11-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 10:25 PM
Mike Killian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sorry

Its lslya cheapo chinese sorry about lack of deatails im in lawncare and the rain finally broke in my area so ive been up to my neck in work turns out after going to walmart and buying a 20 dollar xo vision that the amazon radio is actually broken after checking the reviews its really common but the xo is in working great but while pulling the hold radio out geussi g i touched some wires so no dimmer lit thanks for help and the charts without em both id be listening to my tires

Quick Reply: Radio Help!