1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

95 Dakota passenger door won’t open

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 03:03 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by aaopilot1
heck yea it felt good. Aside from me almost flinging myself out the window 🤣. If I can find a latch I’m just going to replace it. I don’t have much of a option because this one isn’t so salvageable I don’t think. Lol. Ive had some success with electrolysis rust removal before so might try that setup again.

At the factory where I work, many years ago when I was young and stupid (I'm old now) I stuck a knife in a dunnage bag in a rail car. These look like balloons but are a heavy duty bag to cushion the load against shifting in transit. Either someone over inflated it or the car was humped and compressed the bag. When I poked a knife into it, it exploded and blew me out the door and flipped my eyelids inside out. Now I'm the guy who keeps other people from doing stupid stuff that I've done in the past.

Where are you located? I see Dakotas around here in bone yards as well as one guy across the river who parts them out.

Last edited by ol' grouch; 09-11-2020 at 03:04 PM. Reason: i kant spel wurth a durn

Quick Reply: 95 Dakota passenger door won’t open