1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

93 dakota hood release cable routing

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 12:06 PM
4x4Dakota93
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 dakota hood release cable routing

So i pulled my hood release cable out couple months ago, doing a chasis swap, trying to reinstall it now and i have no idea where the hood release cable was routed from cab throught firewall to latch..., cab anyone take a couple pictures for me or have a diagram?

Old 03-10-2021, 02:23 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by 4x4Dakota93
So i pulled my hood release cable out couple months ago, doing a chasis swap, trying to reinstall it now and i have no idea where the hood release cable was routed from cab throught firewall to latch..., cab anyone take a couple pictures for me or have a diagram?

I don't have one to take a photo of, but all pickups generally run the same general direction. There will be a hole for the cable to go into and it will be by itself There may be a clip on the cable housing that snaps in. It will then route along the drivers side inner fender until it gets to the headlight area.It will then pass through between the headlight and radiator. It'll then go to the drivers side of the latch. As long as you don't kink it, it should go in fine. If it binds, reroute it, but it's fairly easy to find a good route for it.

Quick Reply: 93 dakota hood release cable routing