1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Found the damn problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 11:21 AM
Wolfen1086
Professional
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Found the damn problem!

OK the other day I was installing the new radio I got for christmas, while I was at it, I checked the oil, (little low as ulmslauvwith over 200k, I use full synthetic high milage oil BTW) but anyway I have a external trans cooler, and the idiot that had it before me cut the lines at the trans so I have hoses, obd is zip tied to the lower rad hole, well a few months ago I changed the water pump and never tied the hose back up till yesterday, the past 4 years I have heard this damn rattle out of the front end that sounds like the whole truck is about to fall apart yesterday while I was ziobtieingbthe hose I looked around, Lowe and behold I found the damn rattle, the old skid plate was gone, lingvabo but the damn slide mounts were left on the frame, my youngest son was at the back of the truck when I moved them around and he said it sounded like I ripped something off the truck lmao, I'm cutting them out this weekend

The following users liked this post:
bronze (12-28-2021)

Quick Reply: Found the damn problem!