1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

94 Dodge Dakota 5.2 V8 Fuse Box Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2022, 11:59 AM
Nushivis28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Dodge Dakota 5.2 V8 Fuse Box Wiring

Hello, I have a 1994 Dodge Dakota V8. I have 3 wires that was cut by the previous owner coming out of the engine fuse box. Is anyone able to tell what these are for. I am trying not to open the box because I do not have much experience on this issue. All 3 wires seems to be soldar together. I attached an image below. Thanks for your help!

Old 03-22-2022, 12:45 PM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 425 Likes on 364 Posts

That box opens pretty easily. Just a panel of relays and fuses under the cover. A diagram showing you what each one is for. As for those three wires, I do not know what they are for but I know there is a common problem (that I never experienced) with these Dakotas that is affectionately called the "Splice"...a wiring problem under that relay/fuse box. It's possible the previous owner ran into that problem or did some kind of modification that I cannot figure out from your photo. I'm confident someone will come along and be able to help you sort this out better than I.

Old 03-23-2022, 02:14 AM
Nushivis28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bronze
That box opens pretty easily. Just a panel of relays and fuses under the cover. A diagram showing you what each one is for. As for those three wires, I do not know what they are for but I know there is a common problem (that I never experienced) with these Dakotas that is affectionately called the "Splice"...a wiring problem under that relay/fuse box. It's possible the previous owner ran into that problem or did some kind of modification that I cannot figure out from your photo. I'm confident someone will come along and be able to help you sort this out better than I.

thanks for the reply. I might just try removing it and see how it goes. As for the splice. Oh man. That caused me some big bucks before I finally found that splice. Looks like the previous owner gave up trying to figure out why it wasn’t starting or shutting down. I had to clean the wires and well for now things are running okay.

Old 03-23-2022, 10:43 AM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 132 Likes on 124 Posts

I have been luck or a prev owner fixed it but I never had the splice problem. Apparently on a lot of these trucks that splice was done very poorly and it simply corrodes until it breaks connection. They probably didn't use flux..

Quick Reply: 94 Dodge Dakota 5.2 V8 Fuse Box Wiring