1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

No power at ac clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 08:26 PM
Medina Airbrush
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power at ac clutch

Hi everybody, I'm restoring my '89 Dakota 3.9 2wd, and recently installed the ac system from another Dakota. Problem is it won't work when I hit the switch in the control panel but if I apply power to the compressor it works perfectly. Is there any wiring diagram for the ac system? Or anyone had the same problem? All the wiring and truck are bone stock (no one messed around with it) I am the second owner. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:50 AM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 132 Likes on 124 Posts

The publisher of the Shop Manual is Bishko. I got a CD of the manual for my year for $40 The paper versions are pricier. You can probably find them on the usual market sites.

The following users liked this post:
Medina Airbrush (08-11-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 04:19 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by Medina Airbrush
Hi everybody, I'm restoring my '89 Dakota 3.9 2wd, and recently installed the ac system from another Dakota. Problem is it won't work when I hit the switch in the control panel but if I apply power to the compressor it works perfectly. Is there any wiring diagram for the ac system? Or anyone had the same problem? All the wiring and truck are bone stock (no one messed around with it) I am the second owner. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Have you tried jumping the connection at the safety switch on the receiver/dryer?

Old 08-11-2022, 05:46 PM
Medina Airbrush
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Have you tried jumping the connection at the safety switch on the receiver/dryer?
Yes sir, but still not working 🤷🏾‍♂️only works the blower...

Quick Reply: No power at ac clutch