1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1993 5.2 Heater question MICE attack

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 10:26 AM
cobraearl
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1993 5.2 Heater question MICE attack

1993 extend cab dakota V8 Automatic with AC

Mice or Rats got into my dakota while parked for 3 weeks... I HATE MICES TO PIECES!!!!!

They built a nest behind the back seat AND stuffed the heater plum full of seat stuffing from my rear seat... I got that all out. and the half dozen babies behind the back seat
They also ate Each HVAC vacuum lines in half. Ive got them all spliced back together.
BUT, My Chiltons book says the Vacuum diaphragm next to the passenger side kick panel should have a light green hose to the Top and a Dark Green hose to the bottom of the diaphragm.
The way I found it, it had the light green hose to the bottom and a light green to the top. The top line was only about 2 inches long and didnt go to anything. I wonder if its been worked on before.

MY QUESTION IS: does this diaphragm have a dark green to the bottom and a light green to the top.?? or was it hosed properly the way i found it?? IF SOMEONE COULD look at their 1993 dakota and tell me how their diaphragm next to the passenger side kick panel is hosed I would certainly appreciate it. probably the same on a 92, 94,95 or 96

Its logical to me that there should be a hose to both sides of that diaphragm. So, Ive tugged on the dark green hose to see if its attached to something. It seems to be attached to something behind the blower. BUT i wonder what its attached as there seems to be no diaphragm in that area for it to be attached to.

I also looked for a HVAC vacuum diagram in the FAQ. I couldnt find anything to help in the FAQ or google. and my chiltons doesnt have a diagram. the only thing it mentions is that diaphram having a dark green hose going to the bottom and the light green hose going to the top. It doesnt mention the red or the black or the yellow or the brown hoses at all. BUT it think I have those all figured out thank goodness.

Last edited by cobraearl; 11-13-2022 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:41 PM
cobraearl
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I figured it out after working on it on and off for 11 days the dark green does go to the bottom side and the light green does go to the top the light green was up in there chewed off. found it and repaired it.

ALSO, a red/black pair was unplugged from a diaphragm over above the accelerator pedal. NOW it SEEMS to all work correctly
now i must put all this back together. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGG

DID I SAY I HATE MICE???????? I first discovered the mouse mess on nov 2....... my birthday!!!!

IM 75, TOO DAMNED OLD TO BE CRAWLING AROUND UNDER A DAKOTA DASH.

UPDATE; the mouse ate my radio antenna wire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cobraearl; 11-13-2022 at 02:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
tndakman (11-14-2022)
Old 11-13-2022, 02:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

I hear ya on that one. I just don't bend that way any more.

The following users liked this post:
tndakman (11-14-2022)

Quick Reply: 1993 5.2 Heater question MICE attack