1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

MAP and TPS sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2022, 10:53 AM
Kafka45
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAP and TPS sensor

I've got a 89 LE 2wd 5spd 141000k. What BRAND of MAP and TPS sensors are the most reliable? Finding these OEM is pretty much impossible.
thanks.......

Old 11-14-2022, 11:06 AM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 436 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Kafka45
I've got a 89 LE 2wd 5spd 141000k. What BRAND of MAP and TPS sensors are the most reliable? Finding these OEM is pretty much impossible.
thanks.......
That is always a good question and one without a great answer. Indeed, if I could find OEM I would. But as you say that may not be an option. In lieu of that, I try to get some clues from RockAuto. They'll have a ranking similar to "Good-Better-Best". Is that always reliable? No. But it's better than nothing. They'll also attach a heart symbol on the most popular brands. That gives you an idea of what others have purchased and you can draw some positive conclusions from that as well. I've always done well with NTK products (for example they are the OEM oxygen sensor on the Dakotas). Unfortunately, you're going to have to guess to an extent. Use your best judgement...stick with the familiar brands.

The following users liked this post:
tndakman (11-14-2022)

Quick Reply: MAP and TPS sensor