1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Shaving The Door Handles

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:46 PM
GreenMonster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaving The Door Handles

Guys i am new to the shaving the door handles i have a 1996 Dakota Club Cab and I am getting it repainted and i was wondering if i could shave the door handles and tail gate i was wondering what you guys thought and if you had any advice for me before i went and did it.
Thanks in advanced

Old 04-18-2006, 11:03 PM
stantheman
Professional
Default RE: Shaving The Door Handles

Ive only seen one picture of a first gen dakota with shaved handles, and that was 3 or 4 years ago. Its was red with a camper shell on it, lower on 17's and the tag was frenched in the tailgate. Actually it made a magazine and had about 2 or 3 pages about it. Very clean looking. The guy couldve done some things differently to the truck but that was my opinion. Bought the magazine because of it and now i cant find it. Will keep looking though.

Old 04-19-2006, 02:47 AM
OneBadKota
All Star

I was actually going to do the same during my re-paint. Best of luck. I've seen a few done and it looks good.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:09 PM
kscheffer

it shouldnt be too hard
you could just open the tail gate up and cut a hole for the handle on the inside and flip the handle there and than weld in a plate to fill the outer side

Quick Reply: Shaving The Door Handles