1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

360 dakota

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:55 PM
96dakota360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 dakota

well im new to these forums. i just need a little help and advice on this swap i am about to do for my dad. project is a 96 dakota 4wd 5.2 liter. the motor thats going in is a 5.9 motor which is pretty much fully built keith black pistons, polished rods, steel forged crankshaft, doubleroller timing chain, roller rockers, aftermarket mopar R/T heads ported and polished with intake valves the size of coke cans. my questions here is what is needed to switch the 5.2 to a 5.9 and what are some goodies you guys would recommend for this such headers, exhaust, intake manifold, throttle body, what size injectors, do i need a bigger fuel pump, etc. for this motor. also for the brains for this thing is there aftermarket pcm's out there and what would you reccomend i wanted to run like a piggy back or air/fuel controller on it but i dont want to make it to confusing for my dad to be trying tune it so im looking for more of a plug and play type deal that would work for this motor. i appreciate any reply back

Quick Reply: 360 dakota