1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Wiring diagram

Old 12-30-2009, 08:39 PM
BlackKimera
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Graig,
the link for the wiring diagram is giving me a 404 error
do u have a good link or a direct picture cause I am having a similar issue and i desperately need a wiring diagram for the dash and engine compartment better than the ones in the books u can buy at a Checkers

Old 12-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackKimera
Hey Graig,
the link for the wiring diagram is giving me a 404 error
do u have a good link or a direct picture cause I am having a similar issue and i desperately need a wiring diagram for the dash and engine compartment better than the ones in the books u can buy at a Checkers
Check the FAQ in this section. For the service manual and wiring diagrams. Also don't be scared to start a new thread instead of posting on a old one.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:22 AM
mazda7475
Veteran

who did the alignment on your truck crazy. your big time out up top on the passenger side. your actually out up top on both sides. the toe out looks right but the rest is wrong.
don't give me i put it on a computer because i did mine twice, and i was more accurate they where
after 2 computer adjustments mine pulled to the right and wore tires bad. thats when i did it myself and had no pull and wear.
could just be the picture but if your tires are wearing on the outside i would look at the upper a-arm adjustment.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by mazda7475
who did the alignment on your truck crazy. your big time out up top on the passenger side. your actually out up top on both sides. the toe out looks right but the rest is wrong.
don't give me i put it on a computer because i did mine twice, and i was more accurate they where
after 2 computer adjustments mine pulled to the right and wore tires bad. thats when i did it myself and had no pull and wear.
could just be the picture but if your tires are wearing on the outside i would look at the upper a-arm adjustment.
LOL! It is the shadows. But I get mine done at Firestone. I have their lifetime aliment. Last time it was about 2 months ago it was perfect. Got a print out too. I wanted to take it back in to have it double checked, heck its free!

Old 05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
dusterdude
Amateur

ok,i tried faqs and cant get anything related to wiring.i need the diagram showing the wiring at the fuse box to the headlite switch,this is a 95 dak.i do think my haynes manual is incorrect

Old 05-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame

The FAQ is in this section. Just a few posts above this one. Look to the left for a Green arrow.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:30 AM
dusterdude
Amateur

crazy,thanks for the info,but call me stupid.i dont see a green arrow

Old 05-30-2010, 12:05 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Old 05-30-2010, 12:44 PM
dusterdude
Amateur

thanks,i found it.appreciate the help

Old 08-14-2011, 02:23 PM
osnixpero

Originally Posted by dodgerules86
Oh boy, I don't think this will be much fun to try and find.
Pretty much the only places it appears those electrical lines share a "closeness" together is at the bulkhead disconnect (which is a big conecter [50-wire] in the engine compartment, driver side), and on the right-side fender area (around the PCM back to the firewall).
Unfortunantly, I don't have a way of copying my wiring diagrams up to here (no scanner).
As for the fuse blowing with AC running and turning the car off, I would have no idea. Perhaps its related?
Hope this kinda helps. Shorts of this nature are never easy to find, since they could be just about anywhere.
If you need some more info, post back. I've gotta go run out and do some things, but, I'll be back in an hour or two.
Think I can help you on this fix. Check your main power supply wire into the outside half of your fuse block. When you pull the block off of the firewall and look at the pins. On my cherokee(same wire setup as a dakota thanks to chrysler), the main power supply wire had broken but was still close enough to the terminal pin to arc itself back into contact. Whenever I used some accessory or another the vehicle died or made some other accessory work. My fix was to completely bypass the fusebox and run the main power line thru the firewall and link it to its counterpart inside the vehicle. Be sure to use the same size wire. I also wired in a 30 amp fuse just for grins. Its now been several months and zero electrical issues and the vehicle runs better.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wiring diagram