1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

lights in general

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:21 AM
Americanplayer99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lights in general

i have a 93 3.9 dodge dakota...for a while when i turned my lights on they never came on inside the truck.i would have to beat on the dash for it to happen.then one day i took the dash apart and just wiggled some wires aorund and it seemed to do the trick....lately tho my asktray light doesnt come on along wiht my dome in the truck unless i open the door.My passenger side brake light doesnt not work when i step on the brake.i have changed the bulb twice just to make sure....any ideas on what is going on.any one have an idea where the ground is for the tailights

Old 09-16-2006, 07:07 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: lights in general

Ashtray light- at least in the '96, the ashtray light recieves its voltage from the same splice that supplies items such as the radio lights, instrument cluster lights, and the light in the cigar lighter thing, and shares the the ground splice with other items including the lighting on the AC/heater controls.
Brake light- Well, if I remember correctly from your other post on this, the light works ok when the headlights are on, but goes out after the headlights are on and you press on the brake? how about when the headlights are off and you press on the brake?
Ground location- the ground for the taillights ultimatly end up on the left of the master cylinder (yea, right there in the front of the vehicle, nice travel distance huh?)

Old 09-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Americanplayer99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lights in general

right,with my lights off and when i step on the brake my light works but with my lights on when i step on the brake my passenger one goes out

Quick Reply: lights in general