1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

new to me 96 dakota sport club 4x4 115k miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007 | 09:41 PM
xxbishopxx
Default new to me 96 dakota sport club 4x4 115k miles

hello,
just stopping in to say hi purchased a 96 dak from a private seller.
truck has 115k on the odometer. runs qiet and looks clean.
took it to get inspected and they hit me for a mint drums, hard ware, parking brake cable, foggy rear view mirror, head light adjusters, and leave spring retaining brackets (the darn ones that hold the bars together) oh and missing a pad on the parking brake inside the cab.

truck came with a leer work cap with side locking hatches color matched to the truck, 2 inch body lift, and 31 inch tires every thing else looks stock so far. ill post a pick after it comes home from the mechanic and i get my right arm back.

i paid 2200 cash for the truck and the repair shop is estimating 700.00 for the repairs to pass inspection, still have to get tags and title transfered so im looking at just over three grand finished im hoping i got a good deal.

now for the next part been looking for a week i gues and no one makes a brush gaurd for a 96 dakota that i can find i like the look of the go industries rancher but i havent seen any one selling one for the dakota sport. any suggestions would be helpfull, i am also interested in a set of running boards or nerf bars wheel to wheel style but was wondering if any one makes them where they stick out farther then normal hoping for about a 4 inch oval tube or a color matched running board.

Old 01-05-2007 | 10:59 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Default RE: new to me 96 dakota sport club 4x4 115k miles

sounds like you got a good truck. lets see some pics when you get it.

where did you take it to get it saftied? he must be picky. I'mglad that the guy I take my stuff to isnt picky at all

I have seen quite a few 1st gen with bush bars on them. you might just have to look a bit harder since its older.

Old 01-06-2007 | 02:01 AM
xxbishopxx

its the mechanic shop the faily has used for 20 years. almost family started work no cash in hand told me to pick it up when it was done and we would deal with the price later, not sure where they took it to be inspected, but its in the dundalk/baltimore Maryland area.
I know i have seen the gaurds as well but every one is only listing 97 and up gaurds if at all.

Old 01-06-2007 | 04:24 AM
peckens
Professional

I have looked all over formonths fora grille guard for my 94 dak and have only found the go industries.

Old 01-07-2007 | 01:55 AM
thekeeling

A missing parking brake pad? now that's picky! I love inspecting my own vehicles in NY, I passed my truck with a torn seatbelt (going to fix soon), removed air pump, and cracked front brake hoses (also going to fix when I get around to it), also no back-up lights

Old 01-20-2007 | 10:43 PM
xxbishopxx

its home runs great looks good pics are in my galery 3600 bucks out the door tax title and tags now to start modding it out fiance is gonna kill me about where me pay check goes but we will work through it

Old 01-21-2007 | 01:19 AM
BOOMER_87
Professional

work through it or end up single...lol no pad on the e-brake where the hell do you live dude thats outrageous! I'm willing to bet that if you look up the inspect laws there is nothing about pads on the pedals what a jagoff.just my opinion but that mechanich is sheisty he may be good but that aint right.

Old 01-21-2007 | 02:36 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

nice truck. not a big fan of the topper though

Quick Reply: new to me 96 dakota sport club 4x4 115k miles