1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

1991 Rear slider window latch

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM
paulbug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Rear slider window latch

I just replaced my rear window (1991 3.9 6 cyl 2wd auto, ext. cab) with one from the junkyard. The one that came with the truck had a mickey moused oven glass of some sort that was caulked onto there (the slider was gone, glass everywhere).
Anyway, the junkyard window I got was missing the latch.
My question is: what latch kit can I get to replace that? Are there other latches from other models that would work?
I didn't see any 91 latches on ebay, but lots of others rear slider latches, and my local parts store has a basic kit.

My rear window has one pane that slides, and I can see where the latch was attached previously--on the left side of the slider as you look at is from the back, outside the truck. The latch would attach to one of the vertical frame bars inside.
I'll try to take a pick of what I have if that helps.
I'd like to see a pic of how the latch is supposed to attach to the glass and to the frame member.
Thanks for any help.
Paul in Calif

Old 12-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You can get it from dealer. Here is the OEM number 4432 997. You probably can buy a new on from most auto glass stores. For mine it is held on with some kind of adhisive. Ill get a pic on here soon.

Last edited by Crazy4x4RT; 12-21-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Here is mine. Hopes this helps.

Attached Thumbnails 1991 Rear slider window latch-hpim1067.jpg  
Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
paulbug
Default pic of slider latch

That helps tons.
Thanks! I think I can pick up a simple latch at the junkyard or ebay now...
Now if I can figure out that 51 code.

Paul

Old 12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Dingo1964
Default code 51

51 Oxygen sensor stuck at lean position (Bob Lincoln wrote: may be tripped by a bad MAP sensor system causing a rich condition, and the O2 sensor trying to compensate. The O2 sensor may still be good. The MAP assembly consists of two pieces, the valve and the vacuum transducer (round plastic unit with cylinder on top and both electrical and vacuum connections) - If you get hot rough idle and stalling, especially on deceleration, accompanied by flooded engine and difficulty restarting, that can be a bad MAP sensor causing the O2 sensor to try to compensate. If you get poor cold driveability, stumbling and bucking, and acceptable warm driving with poor gas mileage (a drop of 10 mpg or more), that is usually the O2 sensor. [Webmaster note: MAP sensors seem to die regularly.]

Old 12-24-2008, 03:16 PM
paulbug
Default map/o2

Originally Posted by Dingo1964
51 Oxygen sensor stuck at lean position (Bob Lincoln wrote: may be tripped by a bad MAP sensor system causing a rich condition, and the O2 sensor trying to compensate. The O2 sensor may still be good. The MAP assembly consists of two pieces, the valve and the vacuum transducer (round plastic unit with cylinder on top and both electrical and vacuum connections) - If you get hot rough idle and stalling, especially on deceleration, accompanied by flooded engine and difficulty restarting, that can be a bad MAP sensor causing the O2 sensor to try to compensate. If you get poor cold driveability, stumbling and bucking, and acceptable warm driving with poor gas mileage (a drop of 10 mpg or more), that is usually the O2 sensor. [Webmaster note: MAP sensors seem to die regularly.]
Ok, so I don't get hot rough idle and stalling esp. on deceleration. NO flooded eng and difficulty restarting. It doesn't get that cold here (coastal calif)--maybe 35 degrees lowest driving temp so far (6 am), so can't really test that.Gas mileage isn't that great.
So you'd say it's the map sensor? What does MAP stand for?
Just get a new one and go with it? Or can I fix the map sensor?
Thanks for all the good info.
Paul

Quick Reply: 1991 Rear slider window latch