1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

could someone take a driveshaft measurement for me?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 06:49 AM
93 ragtop
Record Breaker
Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Default could someone take a driveshaft measurement for me?

Could someone who has a stock suspension truck measure how much of the yoke sticks out of the transfer case? I put a nv3500 in my truck, replaced the nv2500. Strangely the 3500 is 5/8 shorter..... Then to complicate this, I have put a explorer 8.8 diff. in the truck.
Below is a picture of the yoke.
About 6in. long, and you can see the mark at 2&3/8 in., that is where the seal lip is at.
The measurement was taken on level ground with no weight in the truck.
I think I will be ok, but would appreciate anyone who would measure theirs and let me know.....
Thanks for your help

Old 12-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Toby Warford
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93 ragtop
Could someone who has a stock suspension truck measure how much of the yoke sticks out of the transfer case? I put a nv3500 in my truck, replaced the nv2500. Strangely the 3500 is 5/8 shorter..... Then to complicate this, I have put a explorer 8.8 diff. in the truck.
Below is a picture of the yoke.
About 6in. long, and you can see the mark at 2&3/8 in., that is where the seal lip is at.
The measurement was taken on level ground with no weight in the truck.
I think I will be ok, but would appreciate anyone who would measure theirs and let me know.....
Thanks for your help
when I did my rear end swap I remember 2.5 being the number. And when I had the drive shaft shortened, the input went in .. 2 3/8 since it got a little short. Haven't had any issues yet.

Quick Reply: could someone take a driveshaft measurement for me?