1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 front suspension replace

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 PM
chemoman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 front suspension replace

I bought my D new in 98. It's a 99 TWD 318 with tow package. I have added an open air intake and black magic extreme over the years. It now has 97k mi.
My problem is this. I have had constant problems with my fron end. Ball joints replace both sides twice. Control arm bushing rt side upper 3 times and lower once. Spindle assembly left side once. Brakes brakes and brakes replaced. Rotors groved after 5k mi. All of the work except the first ball joint and control arm bushing was done by a certified mechanic.Now it sound like I have another wheel bearing going out.
My question is this. Does anyone know of a complete aftermarket front suspension bolt on from control arm down and anti sway back. All the way out to the brakes and rotors.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Default RE: 99 front suspension replace

Sounds like your mechanic drools everytime you pull up. Have you verified that the parts are worn the way he described? Have you had symptoms, or is he telling you that they need to be done. Have you gotten a second opinion/quote?

Old 03-30-2007, 04:47 PM
chemoman
Rookie

ORIGINAL: virused

Sounds like your mechanic drools everytime you pull up. Have you verified that the parts are worn the way he described? Have you had symptoms, or is he telling you that they need to be done. Have you gotten a second opinion/quote?
Yes. The partswere worn and needed to be replaced. I started out doing them myself. Then thought maybe that I wasn't doing it right. I've had it to 3 different mechanics for different problems thinking that maybe the other was doing it wrong.
Besides the family trips pulling the travel trailer, this vehicle has been drivern exclusively by my wife. She recently got the new car, so I took the D with the intention of doing some mods. I'm starting with this, because it's been the most noticable defect through the years. I thought if I could just replace the wholefront suspensionwith some nice aftermarket parts and not have to worry about it again.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:46 PM
4wheelin

Fab-Tech and Rancho make really nice front end aftermarket setups for the Durango that include control arms. Good Luck!

Old 03-31-2007, 05:58 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SoCalDakota.com has a complete replacement for the arms/BJs etc on your year that will solve it once and for all.

When you call and talk to Sam, let him know I am still waiting for his promised followup on the same thing for my 2000 4x4 version. Let's see, he was supposed to get back in touch with me Jan '06.

At least what you need, he has already. There is no one else that I know of with complete setups.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: 99 front suspension replace