1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

What's the deal...

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 02:23 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What's the deal...

with this? It's a modded MAF sensor right? How would I go about modding mine? Oh and just on a side note I know this guy is full of it with his claims of that amount of HP but I know I would get some out of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Racin...94073717QQrdZ1

Old 04-01-2007, 05:07 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What's the deal...

Okay, it it is going on the MAF sensor, it is telling the PCM to stay in a choked type position and dump more fuel as if it is running cold and needs heated up. More HP? Perhaps, but at a fuel expense. More HP that you can tell? Doubt it. Can't be any different than the cold running setting on the D in the first place.

If it were attached to the PCM, the Dodge PCM is smart enough to recalculate the changes and bring the engine BACK to the ORIGNIAL settings with the chip in place. That's why Jet Chips don't really work on Durangos. Since this one doesn't connect to the PCM, that doesn't happen. So it has to be the cold setting, what else can it be.

Tell ya what. If you buy it, and it works and everything is grand... I'll get one too. It isn't that costly, in fact it's cheap. I think you'll get what you pay for however... nothing.

Good luck!

IndyDurango

Old 04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What's the deal...

I did a little more research on it and it is an IAT sensor set to read a cold air temp which will of course dump more fuel. I know you can do an easy mod to your own IAT sensor but it is cheap so I may just pick it up and see how it goes. If nothing else I can turn around and sell it on ebay.

Quick Reply: What's the deal...