1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

throwing 2 new codes...need help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:31 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default throwing 2 new codes...need help please

ok so, a few weeks ago i put up a post about my rango getting really really bad gas milage and was throwing 2 codes.....well its still getting really bad milage and now it has 2 different codes:

p1682: powertrain: driver 5 line 2
and
p0171: powertrain: fuel trim system lean bank 1

can sumone tell me what these codes are and a possible way to fix them???
thanks

Old 04-13-2007, 01:56 AM
orlandozfreak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: throwing 2 new codes...need help please

P1682 Charging System Voltage Too Low - your batterey died, or your alternator stopped working for a sec

as for the other, check your airfilter, and look/listen for vacuum leaks, or exhaust leaks in the drivers side manifold before the o2 sensor, also replace your fuel filter, may not be that bad but hey a clean filters always good

also, disconnect battery ground, and unplug the computer (box mounted next to filter housing) for 5 minutes, this will clear the codes and reset the comp

if the P1682 code will not clear, its because it is a manfactuer code and will need to be cleared at a dealership

[/align]

Old 04-13-2007, 12:34 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: throwing 2 new codes...need help please

i cleared the codes last nite from my laptop and a few minuites later they came back....but i will try again

i havent been able to locate any vaccum leaks...but the exhaust does leak, just not before the 02 sensors...

i tried to get a new fuel filter a few weeks ago, but for sum reason autozone said i have to replace the whole fuel pump in order to do this.....though i thought there was one on the frame rail

i think i might take it to the dealer and have a fuel system check done....hopefully they can tell me why the milage is so horrible

thanks

Quick Reply: throwing 2 new codes...need help please