1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Gas Max Micro Tuner is it any good???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Lil Red Mopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Max Micro Tuner is it any good???

I got a 01 Durango 360 cid with an AEM intake w/ tb spacer, msd 6a 8.5 mm wires, ordered a FM force II 3 inch singleexitcat back exhaust system will install soon as it gets here.What do you guys think about the Gas Max Micro tuner anyone got one??? Will it help get the most out of my intake, exhaust, and ignition??? BTW I was impressed with the stock performance as this is my first suv (kids happen and they don't fit too good in the Z-28). I got the Durango cause it has more motor and so far I love it!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:54 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Gas Max Micro Tuner is it any good???

Sounds like a nice D you have there.

But... get rid of the TB spacer. It's junk and is costing you power. They sell them for our Ds (for some reason) but they are not intended for our type of TB setup. Simple junk just like the Jet Chips are. They too are sold for our Ds and don't work for our setups either.

I have a SuperChips tuner and would recommend it to another. Never heard of a Gas Max. There is a Hypertech tuner others seem to like also.

HTH,

IndyDurango

Old 05-30-2007, 06:51 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good stuff and welcome to the D family. I basically have to say Indy hit the nail on the head get rid of the spacer. If you want to do anything with your TB get a larger one from www.thefastman.com or if you have the 4.7 go to a junkyard and find one off of a 5.2 or 5.9. As far as the tuner go with Hypertech or Superchips. I've never even heard of this tunr you are talking about either. If you are looking for the best tune for the PCM get a b&g flash (google it you'll find them). Superchips and hypertech will allow you to raise the rev limiter, raise the top speed, give you more power, pull codes and clear them.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Kensai
Champion

Check the hyperprogrammer link I posted in the root section of the durango forum. It is back on sale for $299 Cheapest price Hyperprogrammer III so far. Hopefully wifey will let me buy it with premium gas prices still on the rise!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:10 PM
Mean Green
Champion

LOL yeah I used 89 octane this last fill up to see if I could get rid of what sounded like valve chatter and it seemed to work so I guess I was pinging. I love my D but hate her thirsty ways. [8D]

Old 05-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Lil Red Mopar
Rookie

Unfortunately the tb spacer 3/4" is an integral part of the AEM Brute Force Air Induction System , it has a 4" tube w/4"x13" cone filter. The tuner reads all oem codes, runs about $400 retail , is made by Superchips and they claim you can cal. speedo for tire size changes, modify trans shift points and a bunch a other stuff. Part # 3715 found it at www.performancecenter.com for 379.99 it's supposed to plug into the diagnostics port under the dash and then you punch in the desired settings and go, the mfg. claims it's a 10 min setup and go.BTW found this forum looking for blower switch info some time ago, all you guys are great the thread with pics was kick-butt and really saved me a big head ache and a lot of time and $$$ this forum is great!!! and after driving my D for the first time it's easy to understand why everyone here loves their Ds. I'm a hot rod kinda guy so my D of course sports a 360. Love it, seats 8 and it'll still pin ya to the seat!

Old 05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Seats 7 with the seatbelts.

You can do everything you said with the superchips or hypertech and since the hypertech is on sale now like Ken said I'd go with that if I were you.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Mean Green
Champion

I was just digging around eBay and found this one. I would love it for myself being that it's close to fathers day but no $ until payday and the auction will be over before then. Buy it now man.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HYPER...ayphotohosting

Old 05-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Lil Red Mopar
Rookie

I looked at the Hypertech III and it looks better than the Superchips on paper. Thanks again guys. I gotta wait till payday too , so hopefully I'll find a deal on it somewhere, and thanks for turning me on to truck addons.com cool site.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:20 AM
IndyDurango
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mean Green

LOL yeah I used 89 octane this last fill up to see if I could get rid of what sounded like valve chatter and it seemed to work so I guess I was pinging.
You need to switch to the Autolite plugs MG. Solved (maybe [8D] )

IndyD

Quick Reply: Gas Max Micro Tuner is it any good???