1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

98 Durango Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 04:28 PM
tiggerme
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Durango Problems

I am having problems with my Durango's heating system. My heater will not work unless I am on the gas. It will blow cold air. I took it into the mechanic the end of the winter last year and he told me that it was some valve not shutting and that he had to tear the dash apart. In the meantime he said to unplug the AC unit so that the heater will work. Does this sound right???? Also I had my ball joints changed earlier this year and my truck is once again clunking when I turn into a parking spot, it almost feels like I am running something over. I also need to program a spare keyless entry because half of the time, mine will not work at all and I have to pray to the Durango Gods that the alarm will not go off when I put the key in the door to unlock it. I really love my Durango but some of these quirks are really ticking me off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-24-2004, 02:25 AM
GhostRider3387
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 98 Durango Problems

You could have a vacuum leak or a bad check valve. The higher the engine rpm the more vacuum there would be giving you more heat ,when you let off the gas the rpm will drop and so will the vacuum. As for your ball joints join the club,I have to put my D in the shop tomorrow to have the ball joints and tie-rods replaced. And for the remote you would be better off having your Dodge dealer program it for you.Good luck with your Durango

Quick Reply: 98 Durango Problems