1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

throttle body spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 03:07 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: throttle body spacers

most people actually get better mpg after a TB spacer or a tornado because they are not into the throttle as much as they used to be so they can see how much better they are getting. so your just noticing the difference if you slow down and not give it gas all the time.

I wanna see some one install a TB spacer on some ones truck and dont tell them about it and see if they even notice it. I doubt they will even tell.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:19 PM
Chris
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: rberry1

Hand calculated 6 different times. You know some of you guys kill me, you have no idea about my experience as a mechanic and such and treat some people like total freaking idiots. I have been an ase certified master truck mechanic for over 20 years so please dont treat everyone like a total noob about this stuff ok?
If you are a certified master truck mechanic, please explain to me how adding a throttle body spacer would show any positive effects on a multi port fuel injection vehicle. The whole advantage to having one is allowing a greater time for fuel to atomize. Fuel never even comes into contact with the throttle body spacer on MPFI vehicles.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:37 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: virused

ORIGINAL: rberry1

Hand calculated 6 different times. You know some of you guys kill me, you have no idea about my experience as a mechanic and such and treat some people like total freaking idiots. I have been an ase certified master truck mechanic for over 20 years so please dont treat everyone like a total noob about this stuff ok?
If you are a certified master truck mechanic, please explain to me how adding a throttle body spacer would show any positive effects on a multi port fuel injection vehicle. The whole advantage to having one is allowing a greater time for fuel to atomize. Fuel never even comes into contact with the throttle body spacer on MPFI vehicles.
Ditto virused. You beat me to the post.

They work for SOME vehicles... just not ours. And since this is a forum about ours, it is up to the membership to often set the record straight. Even when some are sure they are right... and they turn out to be wrong. I've been there!

Sorry to bust your bubble rberry1.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: throttle body spacers