1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

MANY Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:37 PM
scustoms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MANY Issues

We had our altenator replaced and it was wired backwards....I know...not comments needed. We have now replaced almost everything. We now have our ABS & Brake light on and our battery is draining without the computer in AND there is a small "shutter" in the engine. AHHH yes did I forget we just replaced the engine which is when the altenator was rewired incorrect. So new engine, new altenator, new A/C Compressor, new horns, new PCM, new relay in the steering column and new O2 sensors, new battery.

Having the wiring issue what else do I need to look at replacing, I figure I will have other sensors? What could be causing this slight "shutter"? What do I need to focus on as far as the battery deal?

The only mechanic is 60 miles away that I actually trust and I am SUPPOSE to leave for vacation next Wed. and still need 300 miles on the new engine. We had put 150 miles on then it bucked and died when we stopped and then put 100 miles on it and then alarm system took over and we couldn't go anywhere. Now these issues. Our new computer will be here tomorrow but we do have a wire chaser and figure we may be able to find something on the battery since it is draining even with out the PCM.

Any help Any advice.......and no you can leave the "buy a new D" at the door. Sorry butI heard that one and really would just like to fix the one I got since it has been a great truck!!!! Fisrt time on a flat bed just last week in 10 yrs is pretty good!

Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 PM
scustoms
Default RE: MANY Issues

Ok we did find the Battery issue. The A/C regulator was constantly pulling. Now just the "stuttering" and the ABS/Brake light coming on.

Old 07-19-2007, 08:58 AM
GhostRider3387
Rookie

The ABS and Break light issue is easy, there's a sensor located on the transmission and another on top of the rear end. If you replace one sensorreplace the other at the same time it will save you trouble later on. The sensor is about 45 bucks at the dealership. If you search the forum you should find instructions with pics for replacing the sensors.Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:35 AM
kjun
Professional

FYI,

The sensor related to the ABS and Brake light is the one on the rear diff. The sensor on the tranny will give you code P0720 and will sometimes cause erratic shifting.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:06 PM
scustoms

OK when the A?C compressor was fried so was the relay which kept drawing off the battery. Changed the crank shaft sensor and got our new PCM yesterday. So far so good. Suppose to hook up the trailer and leave for camping Wed.so heres hoping. Only 100 miles left to good before we change the oil and can tow. Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: MANY Issues