1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 07:34 PM
husky017
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil question

Purolator makes damn good filters, especially the Pure One which is easily one of the best filters on the market...idk how bob the oil guy came off saying they were crap.

Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I buy the Purolator filter because his site (I believe) used to say it was, pretty much, the best bang for the buck. Besides, the blue filters are sexy.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:34 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, time for another education I guess: http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

IndyD

Old 07-29-2007, 10:19 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

[sm=hail.gif] Indy [sm=exactly.gif]

Indy you are the man. I didn't want to go that far into it but I guess I should of. Ok guy's everyone here knows that anyone and everyone will try to sell you whatever they can. The fact is Mobil 1 is by far my favorite, and with my own findings as well as one of my family members working in Mobil 1 laboratory that tests these oils against theirs and they always kick the competitions ***. Now I trust my Father-In-Law 100% on his findings and have read the reports. Now no one can build an oil specially for your type driving and your truck or car but they try to come as close as possible. The only way you are going to find any type of information is to do the study's yourself and not just trust what the bottle or their web site say's. That's right boy's! You need to test your oil.

Now I don't want to rain down on anyone's parade but a fact is a fact! I know that Fram isn't the best but it works for me. I will be switching out for sure after reading the reports.

This brings me to another point. All these oil additives are crap and are not regulated by the Fed's. The manufactures of these type's of products can put whatever they want into these products and sell it to you. I never put these additives in my truck and suggest that you never do either.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:26 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Hydra.

I just try to be a good online citizen with honest and truthful advise based around my own experiences. If I don't know, I won't say anything, otherwise I'll try to help when I can. I do the same in my business and the best usually works out from there.

Oh yea... and look to have some fun every once in a while too!

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Oil question