1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Funky electrical glitches...help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:29 AM
RockyMountainMomma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funky electrical glitches...help!

Hi! I have a 1999 Durango V8 and it runs fine but is having some electrial issues. At random times and speeds, the a/c blower will quit, turn on , quit and so forth. At this same time the electric locks quit working and a/c heater control lights, and dome light won't work either. They all turn on/off at same time. Some times we have the blower on for an hour, sometimes it will turn on and off 10 times a minute. All of these things quit working together and turn on together. Very random.

One thing we noticed is that if we go over railroad tracks or something, it will turn on or off....but other times it takes nothing (no bumps, etc) to make the switch, so it's hard to say if that is just a coincidence or not. The check engine light is also on.

Checked the fuses, they all look fine.

Help, please!!

Old 08-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Funky electrical glitches...help!

Well you should get the CEL code pulled at Auto Zone or the likes, come back online and post up the code and we can help with that. As for the electrical issue it sounds like your CTM may be loose or bad. It can be found behind the drivers side kickplate. I would check your connection first since it does happen when hitting bumps. If the connection is good you are looking at a little over $400 at the dealer since it is not a user serviceable part. Only a dealership can program it. That or go to a junkyard and find a D that is similar to yours and pull that one and see if it works for you.

Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funky electrical glitches...help!

Sounds like a bad ground I would check the ground from the batter to body and to motor and body to froame and motor to body one thing i have found out about dodge there wiring sucks I had some loose grounds and my power windows would work you could roll them down excepte if you where at a drive up make you look like a *** and up unless it might rain finally got it fixed if not a ground check ignition swithch plug too

Quick Reply: Funky electrical glitches...help!