1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

REpalced everything, still not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REpalced everything, still not working

well sorta the stuff you buy to flush does not do as good of a job but to do so you just add it to you filler neck not over flow what i did was on the driverside bottom of the radiator is a drain plug i drained it in too jugs the parts store you buy radiator floid or oil or bateries from is required to take old fluid but not mixed together important anyway drain it in to jugs and then fill with flush and water no antifreeze you can get buy with out it as long as it is above freezing run it for i think it says like 60 miles or something and then drain it at that point you could pour it down the drain or something out back and i started mine put the hose in the top and let it circulate runing out the drain in to a bucket or what ever and then refile with water antifreeze mix like i said i hooked the hose to my heater core you may not need to its not hard to do but it may not work or you may whant to have a radiator shop do i will wach any machanice that i would have to take any thing to usally do it my self but this way you no its done and how to do it by the way i take it ti is a stock radiator fan? and you did get the right pmp there is a counterclock and a clockwise water pump i found out the sold me the wrong one i dont even remember witch i needed now

Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: REpalced everything, still not working

Better check the your local area city codes when disposing your antifreeze. If your area have laws against disposing antifreeze such as draining it into the streetside curb, you can get a hefty fine if you get caught. Luckily for me, my buddy has his own shop so I take it there and he has a huge drain pan to catch the fluids and have a barrel to properly dispose of these fluids.

Quick Reply: REpalced everything, still not working