1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Lights all over the place

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 12:39 AM
PirateFL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lights all over the place

been there... to save time, here's the code explain...P1756 (M) Governor Pressure Not Equal To Target @ 15-20 PSI Governor sensor input not between 10 and 25 psi when requested to be 0 psi. (4-speed auto. Trans. Only)

I have read that it might be a faulty governor solenoid or governor pressure sensor (located on the valve body), but also read that it might be the TPS, TV Cable, front bands, strut band adjuster or tensioner (oh no![]), and a few other nonsensical things... I'd kinda like to narrow it down so as to save meself a little time and money... THNKS[8D]

Old 09-22-2007, 05:19 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My money is on the Governor.

Old 09-24-2007, 05:54 PM
PirateFL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Green, Does that mean if you're wrong, you're buyin? -lol.
do you mean the WHOLE governor (includingTPS, PCM,etc.),or just the sensor and/or solenoid? Doesn't sound like the TPS, but might be the PCM if it's not the other 2? Dealer typically says they replace both sensor and solenoid because they get clogged with metal shavings. What do you think?

Old 09-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Exactly what the dealer says sounds about right, sensors in the tranny get metal shavings sticking to them because they are magnetized (that's my understanding when I had mine rebuilt). I had a lot of sensors go bad after my firstrebuild because AAMCO sucks and I imagine they didn't clean the tranny up when they rebuilt it and it just threw crap everywhere.

Quick Reply: Lights all over the place