1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:23 AM
ceedeelight
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships

Dealerships, I hate them!
Why have I called 3 different parts dept. at a dodge dealership and got 3 different price quotes forthe samepart.

I called 1 dealership and asked for the price of a CTM and I was quoted $356.00
I called 2 other dealerships and got a price quote of $156.00 but they said they don't have a CTM listed for the 2002 Dodge Durango SLT Plus, only a Time and AlarmModule.

I then called the first dealership back (different guy) and he said the price of a Timer Module is $255.00 I then asked him if a CTM and Time and Alarm Module are the same thing and he proceeds to tell me that the only thing listed on page 10 of the screen is a timer module. When I said I've call 2 other differentDodge dealerships and go 2 different prices, he then proceeds to tell mehe's beendoing this for 25 years and maybe those otherparts guymight only be there for 25days. But the only way to really know is to "put it on the machine", blah blah blah.

Why can't I get a straight answer? Is a CTM andTima & Alarmmodule the same thing?

Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM
dodgepartsman
Rookie
Default hate is such a strong word

is #10 in the attached photo what your wanting ? The Chrysler catalog calls it a time and alarm module. And it does sell for $255.00. Maybe your asking for the wrong thing. I getcalls all day long from guys wifes asking for parts that they dont know the proper name for. And you can hear the guy in background telling her what to say. [sm=smiley36.gif] Could this be the case.

[IMG]local://upfiles/64653/30FCA30BBC5C40A1AD6D108ED383E33F.gif[/IMG]

Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 PM
ceedeelight
Default RE: hate is such a strong word

Okay Okay, [sm=sorry.gif]

Maybe I over re-acted. I don't hate anyone. But I still got different price quotes for a timer & alarm module. I'm gonna call back again. [sm=smiley2.gif]Maybe there are "newbies" behind the parts counter, but if that is the case--then they should get a qualified person to answer my question. No, my hubby wasn't telling me what to ask for.I actually got the CTM from this forum (There is awrite-up about myDurango's issueof intermitten blinking headlights and interior lights accompanied by a clicking sound. Mylights blink when the ignition is off).Either way whatever the cost, it's $100.00 to much. [sm=smiley14.gif].

Thank you for the information.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
dodgepartsman
Rookie

All parts have a "suggested list price" its up to the dealership whether to charge that or not. Shop around until you get the best price, but make sure your comparing apples to apples. IE get the part number for the part you want and call your dealers and compare the prices. Just to make sure they are all looking at the same part number.
Capitalism, aint it great. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-19-2007, 09:22 PM
w70442

Yes, the CTM and the timer module are the same thing. I just went through this and experienced the exact same thing. From what I can tell, the part changed names from one year to the next yet the "experts"didn't knowthis and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about when Iquestioned them on the different names. Turns out,you and iwereright!!I suspect the reason they didn't know the part changed names is that the different dealerships had different levels/revisions of parts manuals.
Unfortunately, venting on the know it alls at the dealerships is the only positivewe can get out of this.
Bottom line is that is that it did cost almost $400 to get it fixed. $224 or so for the board and$135 for the diagnostic fee (even though I told them what was wrong!!!) and labor.
Your key fobs will also need to be reprogrammed so make sure you take ALL of them with you if you have the dealership do this.

I thought about just buying the part from them and installing it myself but they said that they would not warrant the partif they did not install it.

Is it just me or didn't they used to deduct the diagnostic fee from the cost of service IF you had therepair done by them? Now days, you pay the full diagnostic fee even if you have them do the work. Just another way to screw us out of more money I guess......

Here's the customer complaint line if anyone is interested. 1-800-chrysler. Prompt 3. Or 1-800-992-1997

Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Here is what I am finding out, Lets just say your part number is 1234567AA and the price is 150.00. Then the part person say they don't have that number in stock, but there a updated number 1234567AE, now the part is 325.00. Welcome to the new Chrysler. The dodge techs are having the same problem too.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:37 PM
SinCity R/T
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dodgepartsman

All parts have a "suggested list price" its up to the dealership whether to charge that or not. Shop around until you get the best price, but make sure your comparing apples to apples. IE get the part number for the part you want and call your dealers and compare the prices. Just to make sure they are all looking at the same part number.
Capitalism, aint it great. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
^^ As above - dealerships can charge whatever they want for service parts - the average markup is huge. Get the Mopar part # when you get your first quote, and shop around.There is also a handful of dealerships which work online, I've found their prices with shipping are still significantly cheaper than what my local dealerships want to charge for stuff. It's gotten to the point where I don't buy anything local unless it's in stock and under ten bucks.

Quick Reply: Dealerships