99 Durango Hesitation in wet weather

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 10:50 AM
durangeddurango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Durango Hesitation in wet weather

we can agree on the techs.
if you call it employeed your still owned and are replacable, meaning if you go to work your told what to do. I am not,I ownthere by I am not owned.
and finally, I didn't say to charge the customer out the *** for repairs, I find telling the customer that and I quote you again
("duplicate the problem during my down time when I'm not loosing moneyon other jobs by screwing with it.")what kind of impression does that leave with your customer?Is this the type of service that you would expect from a repair facility?telling the customer your paycheck is more important than the actual repair of their car?

Old 11-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 99 Durango Hesitation in wet weather

ORIGINAL: durangeddurango

we can agree on the techs.
if you call it employeed your still owned and are replacable, meaning if you go to work your told what to do.
Now that's a little more reasonable. Yes, my employer gets to stipulate what is and isn't acceptable in the workplace, and I can choose to abide or choose not to work there.

("duplicate the problem during my down time when I'm not loosing moneyon other jobs by screwing with it.")what kind of impression does that leave with your customer?Is this the type of service that you would expect from a repair facility?telling the customer your paycheck is more important than the actual repair of their car?
As I said, it would be worded more tactfully when speaking to an actual customer. And this doesn't suggest that my paycheck is more important, because one equals the other. It's a 50/50 split; don't take care of the customer, no future business. Take care of the customer too much and you're working for free. I believe I am taking care of the customer when I tell them that I will work on their car for free when I can afford the time. If they don't like that and want it faster, they can opt to pay me for my timeand then it has priority over anything else that comes in after.

We are in a for profit business, and I don't think any customer expects us to work for free.They just want to get everything they've paid for. I do tons of little extras at no charge, discount big tickets, knock money off the top for good customers, etc. without being asked.

I'm not a money grubbing profiteer, but I'm not a charity organization either. I'm in the business to make a good wage for a good service. I also happen to be one of those lucky people that enjoys and is passionate about their career.

Quick Reply: 99 Durango Hesitation in wet weather