1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

real tranny trouble now

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Durangolvr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default real tranny trouble now

I've posted this before but have new problem now. I have a 2000 Durango with 5.9 4x4 with 133k on it. I don't drive it very much due to a company truck and most of my time working. Last week I got in it to go somewhere and I noticed the tranny would not shift out of 1st gear until about 3500 on tach or I let off the gas, once back on the gas it would downshift back to 1st. NEW PROBLEM IT WON"T GO INTO PARK IT STOPS IN REVERSE. Someone told me that it needed to be flushed and filter replaced and that would fix it, said it was probably a stuck solenoid. I had the speed control sensor replaced a yr ago by dealer when I saw check light come on.Should Ihave that done or should I take it to a tranny shop or dealer to have it checked out? Don't want to throw away money. There are no check lights on fluid is normal color no burnt smell. Thanks for your help. AAAHHHH SCREAMING IN FRUSTRATION!!!![sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
Durangolvr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: real tranny trouble now

I check the archives but didn't find anything.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: real tranny trouble now

You may want to check your govenor actuator switches. Mine went out and did the same thing, won't shift out of 1st or 2nd gear and have to play with the pedal to get it to shift. But however, I did get a check engine light. Took it to dealer and they said governor actuator switches went bad. All this was done while it was still under warranty.

Quick Reply: real tranny trouble now