1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

P0441 Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Tildy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0441 Please Help

I am starting to have a history of check engine light codes. It all started when a woman in a hurry ran a stop sign and hit me hard on the right front fender in October 2006.I got my car back about 6 weeks later after over $6K in repairs (paid by the woman's insurance). A few days later my check engine light came on with a P0456 code. They fixed it in conjunction with the accident.

InAugust of 2007 my check engine light came on again with codes P0301 and P0456(again). Fuel sustem was in need of service and evaporative leaks. Also we had put the wrong spark plugs in. The receipt states that Dodge also replaced the fuel cap and section of evaporative hoses and performed complete fuel system services.

Two days ago my check engine light came on again. This time the code is P0441 which I know means: "Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow".

Is this in anyway related to the August fix and should taking the car in to Dodge for this repair be covered under the August repair? Could I just get our local mechanic to fix it? I have to admit I don't really trust our Dodge dealership. What would happen if I did not have this repair made?

2003 Durango 4.7 liter 287 cubic in.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Tildy

Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 PM
w70442
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P0441 Please Help

I have had a constant problem with the emission hoses on my 02 Durango.(bought new) The hose they used is, in my opinion defective. It keeps splitting at the connectors where the hose gets shoved on. I learnedafter taking it to the dealership several times to check the hoses myself.All they did was to cut the hose and shove it back on until it got too short to reach. Only then did they actually replace the hose. I strongly suggested that the hose was defective and that they replace all of the emmision hoses but they said no unlessI paid forit. That dealership will never get another dollar of mine.
I suppose it is possible that your current problems are related to the previous accident or repair but it islikelyjust caused by split or cracked emmision hoses. You can look at and feel the hoses to find most splitssince they will be at connectors. The dealership uses a smoke machine to find air/vacuum leaks.
Don't foget to check the hoses all the way back to the gas tank as well as the hoses over to the canister on passenger. All of these rubber hoses are about 1/2" in diameter.
Good luck,

Quick Reply: P0441 Please Help