1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Anyone have a hitch wiring harness for an 1st Gen D?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Durango03
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a hitch wiring harness for an 1st Gen D?

Id like to get the easy "plug & play" harness. anyone have one sitting around? Only ones I can find on the internet are like $45!

Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have a hitch wiring harness for an 1st Gen D?

When I bought my D, the previous owner apparently cut and removed the wiring socket. So that really BYTES that I no longer have the OEM towing electrical socket. I checked with the dealer and that sucker ran like $120 or higher I think. So I just went to U-Haul and installed a Universal power socket for less than $20

Old 11-21-2007, 12:51 PM
durangeddurango
Professional

I have a factory harness u can have just pay for shipping to you. or call u haul ask for part number 13486 pay 21.00 install in less than 10 mins.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Durango03
Veteran

How does the factory plug install? Sorry if this is a dumb question, never had a vehicle Ive been able to tow anything with....lol I just dont wanna have to tap into the wires. Sounds like a huge PITA.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:42 PM
durangeddurango
Professional

the factory harness runsfrom the enginge compartment intertwined with the fuel, 4x4 harness, and rear brake lights on the frame goes above the fuel tank . the reason I have this harness is i had removed it from a d at the bone yard to install on mine..long story short. I instead installed the uhaul number above in less than ten minutes the worst part of that install was removing the taillight lens's to expose the main loom insidethe d( less suceptable to corrosion) then ihid the main box behind the interior panel drivers sideand pulled the 4wireplug through the vent in rear floor comparment this way tokeep the4plug inside the d when not in use. the uhaul set up comes with everything needed for the install. I can send you either harness from uhaul (I am a uhaul dealer inIL)or the factory one I have it's your choice. just pm me with contact info.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a hitch wiring harness for an 1st Gen D?