1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

How much would you ask for a 2000 d

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much would you ask for a 2000 d

I have a 2000 d slt all leather 3rd seat heated seats loaded basicly with a 5" ram air hood 33 bf goodrench tire 3" lift 360 cold air intake superchip i whant to sell but havent had much luck selling it what do you think it should go for? If i knew how to add pics i would its black with one spot in the paint and tan interior 156,000 on it

Old 12-29-2007, 07:15 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional
Default RE: How much would you ask for a 2000 d

come on guys bump bump lol

Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BBD:

I would start by checking your local paper and see what they are selling for there. SUV's will bring good prices in some areas, and sell for pennies on the dollar in others.

Here in Ohio, I have seen it go both ways.

Go to KBB.com and fill in your specs under the private seller option. KBB is usually abit high, but it will give you another reference point.
Edmunds.com has th same type of thing.
Don

Old 12-30-2007, 12:03 PM
bigbaddurango
Professional

Ya i have i did buy it in ohio of ebay lol for 3600 it needed door repainted and driver seat repaired but i have repainted the hole thing added the hood one pice head/turn lights new tail lights 33/10.50/15 bfs chrome simulator wheel skins chrome grill cold air chip cv shaft 3"lift proble more then i will get back out of it i wish they made a desel d i need it for towing so i am selling it to buy a powerstroke

Old 01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Rick99

Don't use KBB, it is useless IMO. 3 years ago, I bought a 94 Ford Explorer for $1900. KBB value was $3800. If you ever watch craigslist ads, you'll see people start atthe KBB price and eventually get realistic and knock down their askingprice significantly. In fact, the only good thing about KBB is that you can use it to givethe appearance of a bargain-- ie"$1200 below blue book!"

edmunds.com is by far more accurate in their pricing if you want to know about what you can actually expect to get.

As for the mods-- don't expect to get any value out of them. They actually reduce the value because most people are just looking for a decent stock vehicle. If I'm buying a truck "3 inch lift" tells me at worste that the truck may have been taken off road and at best that someone has seriously messed with the suspension/body. Oversized tires tell me that there is more wear and tear on the drive train.

You will make much more if you reinstall the stock equipment, remove the mods and sell them separately.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
OneBadKota
All Star

I'd throw it up for 4000 OBO. Aftermarket doesn't really get you much extra, hell, even making it up to date with all new parts you'll lose these days.

I know up here the higher mileage ones don't sell for much, but anymore people aren't really buying the low MPG vehicles.

KBB doesn't tell you much, I paid 4500 under Blue Book for my Durango and sold my car for 600 under.

Quick Reply: How much would you ask for a 2000 d