1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Crankshaft position sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:53 PM
brandonk87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankshaft position sensor

Hey everyone. I was changing out the crankshaft position sensor on my 2000 durango today and ran into a problem, when i was trying to get the thing out, i put a pair of plyers on it and wiggled it aroundand cracked the thing right off, so im now left with half of the sensor stuck in the hole and no clue how to get it out, anyone got any ideas?? It seems like its a just a peice of metal with plastic around it so i though maybe weld something on but i dont even know if that will work.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:26 PM
durangoguy16
Rookie
Default RE: Cranhshaft position sensor

there is 2 bolts that hold that sensor in.. the sensor is plastic and attatched to the metal bracket.. and that all slides in to a rubber gommet that sits in the in the trans bel housing..

Old 01-09-2008, 09:35 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cranhshaft position sensor

yeah if you can get anything to latch onto it to pull it out give it a try with something to grip on, and a strong quickset epoxy (hope thats what you meant by weld).. Approx how much you think is broken off in there? Use your new one to judge how much is left.

** the sensor itself is held in by two mounting bolts, and towards the end is an o-ring, that and maybe a little gunk is your culprit

Old 01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
brandonk87
Default RE: Crankshaft position sensor

thanks for your suggestions everyone, i tried all the epoxy tricks and everthing and it just kept breaking more off, evenutally after trying enough the whole thing cracked and came out, i wouldnt want to have to do that again... thanks for your help guys

Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Duranged408
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crankshaft position sensor

lol thats great to hear, well not the breaking part but that you actually got it out. So next time one breaks we know who to call to keep us fom pulling our hair out

Quick Reply: Crankshaft position sensor