1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

'01 Durango Front End problem!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Buddacris77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '01 Durango Front End problem!

I have an '01 Durango and it has a pretty bad whining/humming noise when turning right. If going straight, or turning left it makes no sound. I was told it was the front driver's side hub bearing, so I had it replaced, but the problem is still there. So I was wondering does this diagnosis sound correct? Could the mechanic possibly have done a shotty job, or could it have been the passenger hub bearing that was the problem? I figured it would be directional specific sense it only does it turning right.... could anyone give me some input, Thank You!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:12 PM
mr_president
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '01 Durango Front End problem!

Had the same problem back at christmas, only really hear the noise when turning right, but i also had a slight shake when driving at 120km/h or more.Replaced both front wheel bearings and it fixedthe problem. Both mine where bad though,I ended up having to replace my brake pads and rotors too. Have the other wheel checked out, it could be bad also, or your mechanic screwed up.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:44 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: '01 Durango Front End problem!

Could be the C/V half shaft. Have someone stand outside the vehical and make surewhere the sound is comming from? Inside the truck while driving sounds can echo.

Quick Reply: '01 Durango Front End problem!