1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

99 Durango Wiring Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:26 AM
HiFoNiX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Durango Wiring Help Please

OK I bought a set of Projector Headlights for my Durango everything was A ok until I tapped into the parking light for the Halo's and LED turn signal.

1) It worked fine but the blinker was going to fast. Is there a sensor i can change to slow it down?

2) For some reason when I left for a while and came back and tested everything before I finalized it the Halo's and LED's no longer work, the gauge cluster lights do not come on, The indicator beside the light switch is saying my fog lights are on when they are not. I can only assume that it could be a fuse or short in the wire?

Any help and or advice would be appreciated.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:13 AM
civicolipro
Default RE: 99 Durango Wiring Help Please

hi, i got the same problem.... lets see if someone can help!!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Justin_98Durango
Default RE: 99 Durango Wiring Help Please

There is a fuse that controls the instrument cluster, park lamps (check to see if your tail lights are coming on, not brake lights) if those are not working either then you need to replace the fuse. As for the fast blinking, there is load change on the switch/module that controls the rate of blink, and the system is trying to over compensate for it.I had this problem on a 95 mustang, and had to change the module to a different size. You will need to talk to someone that can read the out put and give you the right module to control the rate under the current load.

Quick Reply: 99 Durango Wiring Help Please