1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:39 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hey guys

Well schools out for summer and I've got 1 year left in the diesel program. It's been a busy year but I'm doing reallywell in the program and I've learned a ton. Now that schools out I have some time to take care of some lingering issues with the D. Next week I will be tackling my heater core leak. Throughout the summer I'll be rebuilding the t-case, tune upwith MSD ignition components, tackling my power steering, and tracking down some leaks. Just thought I'd check in and say hi and see how everyone is doing.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Hey guys

Hey MG! Nice to hear from you. All is well here... I plan on the electric fan upgrade soon [8D]

IndyDurango

Old 05-16-2008, 07:46 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

hey mean, are you taking a diesel machanic program? I was thinking on goin that route but havent decided yet.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:20 AM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice to see ya! Sounds like ya let some things go but well help ya out!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Hydra,I've had no time to do anything. 16 credits a semester, full time at work, and 2 little boys with a wife that's never satisfied kinda eats up all the time. I'm surprised I managed to keep up on the oil changes. [8D]

Johnny, yeahI'm in a diesel mechanic program. I would say if you are interested in wrenching this is the route to go. The field is gonna be about 20k techs short in the next 5-10 years, whereas gasser mechanics are a dime a dozen so the pay also reflects this. After I get out of school I'm moving back to AZ and looking online at the job market there I can be making 25-30 an hour with all the OT I can handle. I'm the top of my class also so as soon as I get my tools together my instructor will be giving me a good reference when someone talks to him about needing a fresh tech.

Indy, Hurry up with that already.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey dude, when you get done with all of that I have some more things for you to do....LOL

Do you really think that diesel is going that far with the prices of it. Man I knew that it would go through the ceiling because of the demand and it did. But even more job openings for them?

I know a lot of people that are going to switch back over to gassers......[>:]

I just think use is going to go back down is all.

Old 05-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Mean Green
Champion

The thing with diesel is that I'm not going to be working on people's personal vehicles I'll be working on the semi's that have to be moving products around. It doesn't matter a whole lot what the cost of fuel isbecause this country would come to a screeching halt without trucks and trains. As far as the job market being wide open is that the industry moved away from hydromechanical engines to electronically controlledengines and a lot of the older guys figure it's time to get out because they don't want to try and figure out the new stuff. I really hate that the diesel prices went through the roof though, it's a pretty ridiculous concept considering diesel is the by-product of refining oil intogas. It really shot down any chance of diesel auto's coming to America as a viable alterrnative to gassers and those slush-box hybrids. Hell I saw an article on a diesel motorcycle that the marines are using that will be availabel to the public soon and that thing gets 100 mpg and can go way faster than a vespa. [8D]

Quick Reply: Hey guys