1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Possible 03 Durango SLT Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 09:10 PM
lmanwarren
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible 03 Durango SLT Purchase

my local dodge dealer has a 03 durango SLT + for sale with 89000 miles.I have real world questions.What does the SLT + have over the SLT or other trim levels.Real world numbers what can I expect for mialage if engine runs as it should.It has the 4.7 V8.I take off easy and follow the speed limit not a racer .Tires on it look really big so curious what is stock size tire on the 03.Dealer told me 15-20 on mialage.Now what all should I check on this.The dealer informed me they sold it new and was traded in and sold again and traded so 2 owners.I live in NY state and we have a NY vechile inspection that must be done once every year.Also must be performed prior to dealer letting me drive it off lot.Being dealer wants my money is there anyway to say run vin number to know the ball joints were changed due to the recall.What problems should I look for on this.It has the towing package and the extra tranny cooler.Any input you have throw my way.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:39 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Possible 03 Durango SLT Purchase

IMW:

The SLT+ is the second from the top of the line which is the R/T package. Among other things, the Plus gets you an all leather interior with heated front seats. Both front seats are also power adjustable with inflatable lumbar bolsters.

You should spend the bucks and run a Carfx on the VIN. Also, you can go to the Dodge website and enter the VIN number to see if there are any open recalls.

The 03 Dwas the last year for the first Gen Durango, and also the R/T package. Among other changes, the 03 was given rear disk brakes versus the drum for the 98-02 models. I love my 01 SLT Plus , and can't complain a bit. It is a bit thirsty, but moving 4800 pounds around does take some power.

On the 4.7 motor, it is a bit more hi tech than the older 5.9 (360). The 4.7 is an SOHC (overhead cam), and does not have a distributor, plug wires, or rotor. Instead, there is one coil mounted directly on each plug.

MPG will run 10-12 around town, and 16-18 hwy unless you are towing.

Hope this gets you started. I am sure others will chime in.

Don

Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 PM
440shadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

n8ech, are you sure that the slt+ gets 2 power seats with lumbar, and heat. i have a 2001 dakota slt+, i bought it new off the trailer with 3 miles on the odo. and it only has one power seat with no heat or lumbar. and i also have a 2000 durango r/t that has only one power seat with no heat or lumbar. did i get screwed?

Old 05-19-2008, 11:09 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

i have an 02 SLT+ and it has two power seats w/ lumbar and heat all leather,

mileage i tend to get 15-16 in town, and as much as 20-21 on the highway depending on my speed

the 4.7 enginge is a good engine mine has yet to need any work done and we bought the car new in 02

Old 05-20-2008, 10:23 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

440:

Per my window sticker, the SLT plus Decor Group consists of:

Seats-Power driver/Pass 8-way, heated
Seats-Leather High Back Bucket
Steering Wheel-Leather Wrapped
Radio-AM/FM Cassette/CD/Equalizer
Speaker-8 Infintity in 8 Locations
Console-Overhead
Garage Door Opener-Universal
Mirror-Rear View, Auto Dim
Sun Visors-Illum Vanity Mirrors
Security Alarm
Sentry Key Theft Deterrent
Running Boards-Body Color
Tires-P265/70R16 OWL All Terrain
Wheels-16 X 8 Cast Aluminum
Wheel Flares
Tire, Wheel, and Wheelflare Group
Audio Controls-Steering Wheel mounted

It is possible though that the SLT Plus for the Dakota was a bit different.

BTW, cost was $3915 for this package.

Don

Quick Reply: Possible 03 Durango SLT Purchase