1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

PCM Woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:52 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PCM Woes

Ok, I have a 99 5.9l durango. It started stalling out on me while driving (all gauges shut down, lose all power, then itll start back up). That happened 2-3 times in one day. Next day comes, and I go to leave for work in the morning, and it wont start at all. It would crank and crank, but never turn over. On the digital odometer it said "NO BUS". i did some research into that, and found out it was most likely a bad PCM. So i took it into my mechanic, he couldnt pull any codes from it (once again leading me to believe it was the PCM) and he went through and ruled out most everything else untill he determined it to be the PCM.

So i go online and order a remanufactured PCM from solopcms.com (it was very nice ordering from them, got my flashed PCM in 2 days,for $200, and they were very helpfull). took the new pcm down to the mechanic, he installed it. and the durango still wont start!

Does anyone out there have any ideas of what this might be? Mechanic couldnt pull codes, he checked all the electrical, fuel pump, and all the other stuff that might cause it not to start. but still nothing.

thanks,
John

Old 05-21-2008, 10:25 PM
440shadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCM Woes

solo offers a 12 month waranty, maybe by chance they flashed the wrong vin or odo reading. call them up and ask about sending it back to be reflashed. i know guys who have used solo before and never had a problem, they are good people.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:43 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: PCM Woes

If you have a 99, it may be possible it is the main 100 amp fuse that you need to check. Alot of 99 owners have reported this issue when experiencing similar issuesyou are having.

Quick Reply: PCM Woes