1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Upper control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 11:35 AM
famfedyk
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper control arm bushings

I have a 2000 Durango with 85k on the odo I've recently noticed what appears to be a portion of the upper control arm bushing missing The portion that is missing is located on the upper control arm pivot bar, at the end of the bar where a nut and large diameter washer secure the control arm to the pivot bar In other words, it is the larger diameter portion of the bushing that protrudes out of the side (sorry for such a vague description)
Is this an inherent problem with these vehicles I seem to remember reading something about this I've recently had the upper ball joints replaced under the extended warranty I would have thought that the bushings would have been inspected and this possible problem would have been flagged by the stealership during the BJ replacement(given their propensity to always find some sort of problem that they can charge you for) Now the question is whether this is a serious problem requiring immediate attention (i.e. don't drive the vehicle AT ALL under this condition) or whether the vehicle is still driveable but this should be attended to ASAP I do here some "rattling" on the drivers side whenever I go over a bump and I've checked everything on the suspension to make sure that everything is tight I suspect that this bushing issue may be the cause of the rattlingsuch as the large washer rattling around What is involved in fixing this Just pulling the the upper A-arm out and having those bushings pressed out and new ones put in
Thanks in advance
Sorry for the run-on sentences and lack of punctuation Apparently this is the only way I can submit a post without getting a 'network error' window popping up and killing my write-up

Old 06-19-2008, 08:10 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Upper control arm bushings

You recently have the BJs fixed? Then there is your problem. No way would that have let it go without it. Simply to much of a chance to not be related.

TOW... don't drive it back to them ASAP.

IndyD

Quick Reply: Upper control arm bushings