hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That might be an issue!.....LOL

Old 12-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just started looking into my driver seat issue now that it has warmed up a little in DFW. The fix from the link on 1st page is not what I have. My brackets aren't broken. After playing with it for 10 minutes, I figure the slack is somewhere in the track itself. When the seat is fully tracked forward or backward, it will not rock, but it will rock anywhere inbetween. I hope to have a chance to take the seat off today to get further look at the track to find where the slack is. I hope it can be easily remedied.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Kensai
Champion

Welp, the weather is really nice in DFW today! Around low 70's! and sunshine. I took the seat out of the durango and inspected and sure enough, something in the track is slacking on me. After a couple hours and a trip to home depot, I got this all fixed up. NO MORE ROCKING!!! Easy fix and only cost you a couple bucks in parts from home depot.

And Hydra, yes, I took pics for each step of the procedure. Now if I feel I can move my lazy *** fingers to register at photo bucket to import the pictures. Otherwise, I would rather just directly post in these pics within this forum so I don't have to deal with photo bucket and manage the account there.

Time to relax with a 6 pack of my shiner bock darks!!

FYI, THIS REPAIR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REPAIR LINK AT BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD. The link that shows you how to fix the rocking chair is only if your bracket busted on the chair. In my rocking chair situation, it was not a broken bracket, but worn assembly inside the tracks that was easily fixed with some washers purchased at home depot. NO WELDING required in my case.

Last edited by Kensai; 12-23-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Kensai
Champion

ALRIGHT!! Before the alcohol kicks in and start to make me numb all over, I have posted the pics along with the documented captions for you guys to address your rock and roll driver seat issue! Here is the link. Let me know if it works or not. I decide to use google picasa. PLEASE DOWNLOAD this album as I am not going to manage it and if one day, google says bye bye photos, it will be gone.

Thus I rather have more space alloted in this forum to upload it here so it permanently can stay here and not have to worry about photos disappearing.

Here is the link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/TommyCha...ngoSeatrepair#

In case some there are some blind users that do not see the album info at picasa, I will post it here for you to gather the tools for the job:

This is a document on how to resolve the driver seat rocking issue on a 2000 Dodge Durango R/T with electric assist. This procedure might also work for other various year models for the 1st generation Durango from 1998 to 2003. I am in no way liable for any mistakes you make using my documentation. You must have the following tools for this procedure. 13mm socket or wrench 16 mm socket or wrench 18 mm socket or wrench #2 Phillips screw driver T25 Torx head screwdriver

I forgot to mention, you will also need a 1/4 drive 13mm socket if you do not want to use wrench to access the bolt holding down the track. 3/8 drive socket will not fit under there.

Last edited by Kensai; 12-23-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:37 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

nice write up man, and you could post these pictures in a photo album on DF and then they would exist as long as DF does . . . just an idea

Old 12-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Kensai
Champion

Originally Posted by shrpshtr325
nice write up man, and you could post these pictures in a photo album on DF and then they would exist as long as DF does . . . just an idea
EXACTLY. Problem is, my Speaker replacement DIY with pics used up the teeny weeny 2 meg of alloted space in DF forums! I have no more alloted space to post pics in DF.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:38 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i didnt mean in the threads, cant you have a photo album, like linked to your user account that doesnt have a size limit?

im not talking about uploading them into a post, go to your user cp and click albums

EDIT: actually click the photo gallery link at the top of the page, and click create new, that allows you more space, mine say 60 pictures, and i think 4.0 gb, but mine might be higher bc im a mod

Last edited by shrpshtr325; 12-23-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Kensai
Champion

okay, looking at photo gallery, I have 9.24 meg of space. When the beer is done outta me, I'll move the write up to my photo gallery.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:19 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

photobucket.com is WAY more than that and all you do is enter the (IMG) code (bottom window under the picture). I do all my write ups out of it and I have very little thats actually up loaded here. It's all linked.

Seriously, go to www.photobucket.com

Old 12-23-2009, 10:29 PM
Kensai
Champion

okay, okay, just enjoy the DIY and get your rock-n-roll out of your seat!!!! This procedure took me a couple of hours due to troubleshooting. You guys should be able to knock this out in 30 minutes or less with the writeup.

Good thing I got it fixed today, tommorrow and Xmas day will be another very cold spell in DFW. Highs back in the 40's again! Brrrrr.

Quick Reply: Driver seat issue