1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Radiator (need a new one)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 01:48 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Radiator (need a new one)

As you all know I need to replace my radiator due to the transmission burning out.. I have read that there is no way to flush the radiator and get all the metal shavings out of it.. So, the question is anybody know of a decent replacement radiator that is cheap far as $$$$$ goes.. I am looking at $2500 the way it is now and really want to keep the cost down...

I have looked at
Silla radiators
SPECTRA PREMIUM Radiator
PROLIANCE radiator

looked at
Radiator barn

I know I need to replace the transmission lines in order to follow warranty procedures..
So I have chosen Dorman transmission lines for that...

So, if you have a suggestion of a decent radiator or a few comments in what I should be looking at in a radiator (far as construction) let me know...
I don't need one with a aux transmission cooler because this is something I will add after the damage of replacing this transmission is caught up too..

Thanks
Jo

Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 PM
gullpond
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radiator (need a new one)

I'm in the process of replacing the radiator in my '01 with (Max Cooling/Tow Package) and have learned a couple of things. You don't mention if you have the towing package/Max Cooling radiator but if you do, both the Spectra Premium radiator and the heavy duty cooling radiator shown at RockAuto are 1 1/4" thick even though the spec sheets for both of these radiators shows a 1 1/2" core thickness. Both radiators appear to be manufactured by the same company and look identical. I also checked my local NAPA store and their Modine radiator is also 1 1/4" think. The factory Max Cooling radiator core is 1 9/16" thick. The factory part number for my radiator is 52028818AC and that number has been superseded by 52028818AD. To ensure I received the correct Max Cooling radiator, I finally ordered a factory radiator from moparpartsamerica.com for $313 shipped.

Steve

Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
schusterjo
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Radiator (need a new one)

Thanks for the useful information...

Quick Reply: Radiator (need a new one)