1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Stock rims and tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 02:09 AM
jaster
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock rims and tires

I have a 99 durango with no suspension mods, no body mods, and stock rims. What are the largest tires I can go up to with the stock rims and no bod or suspension mods? I am looking for some off-road tires for the back roads and firebreaks down in NC.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:10 PM
robust57
Rookie
Default RE: Stock rims and tires

31x10.5 without rubbing
32x11.5 with some rubbing up front and minor rubbing in the rear when suspension is fully compressed.

I run a BFG mud terrains 32x11.5 on my stock 15 inch rims. I've had to remove some of my wheel well due to the ***** on the sidewalls of these tires. If you do a lot of street driving don't get these tires as the suck. Offroad on the other hand they rule.

If you can get your hands on some Pathfinder ATR tires, I've found those are the best for a good mix of on and offroad driving, and they rub a lot less then my mud terrains. I was also able to get around 40k worth of mileage on those tires.

Old 02-01-2005, 06:06 PM
jaster
Amateur
Default RE: Stock rims and tires

Thanks robust, i am getting a set of dueler revos, so the bigger the better, lol, I am hoping to do a 3-inch lift eventually, but till then the revos look like a pretty good tire

Quick Reply: Stock rims and tires